play dough

Do you ever find yourself wondering what to do at 9.40pm, when you're all alone at home? This is the situation I found myself in this evening. So, I made some playdough, with lashings of red food colouring, because e-numbers don't matter when they're not being eaten.

Even though this playdough is for school, I would highly recommend having your own personal supply, in case you are ever in need of a little stress reliever. 

Good playdough recipes are sought after amongst Early Years teachers, so I thought I'd share the one I found, just in case you ever finding yourself with nothing to do, or wanting to make a brightly coloured gift for someone...

ingredients
250g / 1 cup plain flour
250ml / 1 cup water, with generous splash of food colouring 
2 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
2 tbsp cream of tartar (this helps with the elasticity & longevity of the dough)
135g / half a cup of salt
 
method
1. put all of the ingredients in a pan & heat over medium heat, stirring continuously until a smooth dough has formed.
2. remove from the heat, leave to cool, then PLAY!!!

teeny tiny playdough cubes, surprisingly satisfying to squish between your fingers

Comments

  1. I look forward to having the excuse of Rachel being old enough for me to make play dough in the months ahead and shall use this recipe - thank you xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment