out in the quiet

John and I have flown our little nest for the week, taking full advantage of the school holidays, and are enjoying a week of quiet and relaxation. We are staying in a little cozy cottage in Wales at the end of a woodland track, surrounded by nothing but fields, horses and pheasants. I am loving having the time to read and read and read, to run every morning and do little else except enjoy time together with John.
I brought my new birthday typewriter with me, and enjoyed spending the morning yesterday typing as the sun shone through the door and all I could see was the horses out to pasture. 

And I still think that Autumn leaves are the best by far. I only wish they would stay on their branches a little longer before falling to the ground and getting downtrodden.

Comments