3 years of marriage

Today marks the anniversary of our wedding day. As I said my vows on the 28th August 2010, I knew without a shadow of a doubt that this was the man I wanted to spend the rest of my days with. And that certainty stands just as firm today, as it did back then. In fact, I would say that it is even more true now than it was then. Life brings with it so many different seasons and storms, and it is only as you weather each and every one of them that you can feel the reality of living out those wedding vows.
On our second wedding anniversary, as we anticipated what might lie ahead in our third year, we hoped that we might find a home to call our own, that would provide us with a bit more space to grow our family. Today, I am writing this blog post from the very home that we dreamed of, and can now call our own, along with the frequent kicks of our daughter, who is steadily growing inside me. Of course, these are not the only noteable changes that have taken place in the last year, but they have felt like significant milestones and we have learnt a lot about each other in the processes of moving home and growing a baby. I cannot wait to see how our lives will change over the next year of our marriage, as we navigate the unknown paths of parenthood, and all that that will mean for our marriage and learning to love one another well through it all. 

Comments