The 52 Project: 20/52

'A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week in 2015.'

Dear Ruby,
I would have loved to have taken this photo moments earlier to capture your face full of joy with laughter. I was in the kitchen baking, and I could hear you laughing a, raucous, uninhibited and joyful laugh. I thought someone must be in the room with you, but I couldn't hear anyone else talking. So, I popped my head around the door as quietly as I could, camera in had - I didn't want to disturb you in whatever you were engrossed in. Sure enough, you were all by yourself. There was something rather special about catching you playing with your baby, laughing at whatever it was you were thinking about. It is a simple but lovely memory that I keep returning to this afternoon.
Keep laughing from your belly, my little one.
All my love,
Mama xxx

Comments