cookie jar goodness

With Autumn making her presence fully known, I am feeling the need to warm my kitchen with the heat of the oven to take away the chill in the air, to fill our home with Autumnal smells, to fill our tummies with delicious treats of coffee and cookies, and so that is what I am doing. I'm also set on spreading some cookie love this season.
Now, I don't know about you but I have little bit of a thing for pretty glassware. For our wedding, I had great fun searching charity shops for glassware delights to stash sweets and treats in, and I would never say 'no thankyou' to another glass cake stand.

{a little peek at some of the sweet treats from our wedding}

My latest love? Glass jars of all varieties. On our last trip to London, I treated myself to a Kilner Jar. If you are thinking, 'glass + jar = treat? What?' well, I understand that it is perhaps a little odd. But if I were to present you with such a glass jar, full to the brim with cookies and tied with a bow, would you say 'no'? I think not.
If you're looking for a quick, delicious present to make for a friend, I would highly recommend this double chocolate chip recipe. Even if you can't think of a friend who might need a cookie, bake a batch for yourself, nibble a few then share the love with a neighbour (not the nibbled ones though).

Comments